When it comes nutrition it’s always good to find ways to add superfoods or spices to your daily meals or in this case drinks to boost your health and ward off diseases. Look no further today then your spice rack as we experiment with how to make your favorite drinks into super-powered Turmeric Drinks to literally spice up your daily regiment!
Turmeric has been used for centuries and is very common in Asia. The number of Health Benefits Turmeric has is amazing. It is high in antioxidants, a great anti-inflammatory and aids in digestion to name just a few. There are some many more Health Benefits of Turmeric.
Learn how to take advantage of this spice by adding it to your daily drinks or making a delicious morning tonic.
These turmeric drinks will help to detox your liver, reduce inflammation and improve your immune system.
This article contains affiliate links. Meaning if you purchase something from one of them I will be given commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support. Click here for Full Disclosure
Turmeric “Kick Start” Tonic
Start your Morning off with a Kick! This tonic is not for the weak, I myself am used to apple cider vinegar and love it, but its bitter tart taste can be shocking to a newcomer. Also if you are not used to cayenne, take it easy. I promise you this: It is great for your overall health, digestive system and boost your immune system as well as balances your PH levels and increases metabolism. So go ahead, be daring and start your day off with a Kick!
- 1 cup warm water or green tea
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (make sure it has the “mothers” in it, brown string growth on the bottom of the bottle, shake it up before using)
- 1/4 teaspoon Wild Turmeric powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and Enjoy!
Where are my coffee lovers? Coffee gets a bad reputation but studies have shown coffee is good for your Brain, Heart, and Liver. I’m sure a lot of you have heard of the Keto Fad called “Bulletproof Coffee”? Well, this is a twist on that with the extra benefit of turmeric. Maybe we should name it “Force-field Coffee”. That sounds Catchy right!
- 8 ounces Wild Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/8 teaspoon Wild Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild MCT Oil
- Sweeten with local raw honey (optional)
- Brew the coffee with the cinnamon and turmeric.
- Pour the coffee into a blender along with butter, MCT oil, and raw honey (if you’d like). Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
Turmeric Sports Limeade
This is very refreshing in the summer and makes a great alternative to traditional sugary sports drinks.
- 1 tsp Wild Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger or ½ inch piece of ginger root cut into pieces.
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2-4 limes depending on how juicy they are) (you can also use lemon as well, very tasty indeed)
- 3 Tbs local Raw Honey
- 4 cups + 2 cups of Filtered water
- In a Pot. Bring 4 cups of water, turmeric, and ginger to a boil.
- Turn down to low and let simmer 5 min.
- Turn off the heat add the 3 T or honey, stir to combine and let cool.
- Once strain and pour into a storage container. Add the remaining 2 cups of water and the 1/2 cup of lime juice. Stir and drink over ice or store in the refrigerator.
Turmeric Workout Smoothie
This creamy smoothie not only tastes amazing but offers nutritious properties. With over six potent ingredients, this powerful house smoothie packed full of antioxidants, healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp Wild Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 T Local Raw Honey
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and chopped or use powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup ice, optional
- 1 scoop Wild Whey Protein or Dairy Free Wild Bone Broth
- ½ banana
- ½ cup diced mango or pineapple
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix till smooth add water for thinner consistency. Enjoy!
Classic Warm Turmeric Milk
This ultra-healing drink has been around for centuries but just recently has become hip here in the west. This ancient drink is great for leaky gut syndrome and enjoyed most often before bedtime because of its calming abilities. Also, it’s very tasty and one of my favorites on a chilly or cold day.
- 1 cup coconut milk, nut milk or organic milk (I like to use a mixture of coconut and almond milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon Wild turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons local raw honey (to sweeten if desired)
- pinch of pepper
- an inch of ginger root (sliced thinly)
Add coconut milk to a small saucepan, whisk in turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger. Bring to a simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Strain mixture in a cup and stir in honey and pepper until dissolved. Enjoy!
If you prefer you can use a bullet blender to puree the ginger with the milk prior to heat it with the other ingredients.
In Asia and India, it’s custom to sprinkle turmeric spice into several meals or drinks throughout the day. There is no such thing as a quick fix but if you give these turmeric drinks some time, 2-4 weeks you will begin to notice the powerful health benefits. Please share these recipes and leave a comment with any other recipes you may have or to tell me what you think. Have a Happy Healthy Day!
For more tips and advice on staying fit and healthy, sign up for HLR newsletter today.