Build Arm Muscles Without Weights
“How do I build muscle without weights? I want to build my arm muscles.”
I was recently asked this question on the website Quora, where I frequently answer Health and Fitness related Questions.
There’s a lot of people who either can not afford a gym membership, don’t live near a gym or just don’t like the gym scene but that shouldn’t stop you from getting the result you want.
There are plenty of ways to build arm muscles and get stronger without weights or machines.
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. Meaning if you click on one and purchase something a small commision will be paid to HLR at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support. Read my full disclosure here.
# 1: Push Ups
That’s right the old school traditional way is still pushups which can be done at home. The reason this is still the number one way is that when done correctly they are highly effective.
- Keep your body stiff and straight as a plank
- Elbows at a 45-degree angle from your sides
- Breathe in on the way down
- Lower your body all the way down
- Breathe out on the way up
Do as many as you can and each day strive to do more. Push-ups take a certain amount of strength to perform properly, so if you’re just starting out you may want to begin by keeping your knees on the floor.
# 2: Pull-Ups or Chin-Ups
You can do these at almost any park or school with an outdoor jungle gym or by buying a Workout Bar that attaches to your door frame in your house.
I recommend the Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar, it requires no screws for installation and can be installed and removed in seconds.
To Perform a Pull-Up
- Start by Hanging on a pull-up bar.
- Grip Bar shoulder-width apart with straight arms
- Pull yourself up by pulling elbows to the floor
- Keep Pulling till your chin passes above the bar
- Then lower yourself back down
If you can not do a Pull-Up start with Chin-Ups they are easier
To Perform a Chin-Up
- Grip the bar with palms facing up
- Then continue the same steps as a Pull-Up
If you are not strong enough to do either start with a Negative Pull-up
To Perform a Negative Pull-Up
- This is done by Jumping up so you Start Above the bar and lower yourself SLOWLY.
- Use resistance bands to help.
# 3: Tricep Dips
These can be done from any elevated surface like the fireplace, deck, stairs or a park bench.
- Start with Your Hands Shoulder Width Apart on Secured Surface
- Move Your Feet out as Far as Possible, to form a reverse plank
- Straighten your Arms and Keep Elbows Slightly Bent
- Slowly Lower your Upper Body towards the floor, keeping elbows tucked into the side.
- Triceps and Forearms should be perpendicular to the floor (90 Degrees)
- Using your Triceps Push Yourself back up to starting position.
#4: Homemade Bicep Curls
- Fill Old Milk Jugs with Sand
- Use Jugs as weights to do Bicep Curls
#5: Manual Labor and Physical Activity
The Oldest Trick in the Book to sculpted your Arms
- Raking Leaves
- Scrubbing the Floors or Tub By Hand
- Chopping Firewood
I Hope This Gave You Some Idea’s and A Starting Point to Get Stronger more Defined Arms. Get Healthy and Stay Healthy my Friends!
Get Some New Workout Gear while you’re at it @ Reebok.com