Irish Slow Cooked Lamb Stew
This is a Healthy spin on Irelands Traditional Irish Lamb Stew. It is a staple in Ireland and is loved throughout the world for its rich heartiness.
Irish stew was traditionally made with mutton – older sheep – but more often nowadays, is made with lamb which makes the flavor amazing.
In traditional fashion, nothing here is browned first, just all stewed together. To keep it healthy make sure to trim the lamb of any visible fat before you cook it.
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1¾ pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large leeks, white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Stir all ingredients together except the parsley in a 6-quart slow cooker
- Cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours
- Stir in parsley before serving
- Freeze leftovers for up to One Month
- Makes 8: 1 Cup Servings
- 247 Calories
- 26g Carbs
- 21g Protein
- 1g Sugar
For easy cleanup, try a slow-cooker liner. These heat-resistant, disposable liners fit neatly inside and help prevent food from sticking to the bottom and sides of your slow cooker.
Hope you Enjoy this recipe. Leave a Comment and let us know how you liked it or any substitutes you may have made. Eat Well, Live well My friends!
If you like healthy Food How about healthy Snacks? Try Snacknation.
- Get all-natural, organic or gluten-free snacks delivered to your door every month
- And For every box you order, Love With Food by SnackNation donates at least one meal to American families in need.
- Get more Info Here and Take Advantage of the Holiday Sale!
Did you Like this Article? Sign up Today to receive our newsletter, stay up to date on all New Articles and Product Discounts. Delivered straight to your Inbox. No Spam, Cancel Anytime. Get Healthy and Stay Healthy my Friends!