How to Cook Wild Cod with Steamed Veggies & Rice
Healthy Tasty Dinner for 2 in 20 Minutes
Alaskan or Wild Pacific Cod is very mild in flavor and doesn’t take much time or effort to cook and is also easily assessable, it can be found at most grocery stores nationwide next to the Tilapia and Salmon, costing around the same price but ranking much higher on the health scale than the well-known tilapia. Let’s Learn How to Cook Wild Cod Fish.
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links, meaning if you purchase something a small commision will be paid to HLR at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support. Read my full disclosure here.
- 2 Unthawed Alaskan or Wild Pacific Cod Fillets (there are 4-6 fillets per pouch)
- 1 Instant Brown Rice or Jasmine Rice Pouch (each pouch contains 2 servings) or Quinoa for a Low Carb Option
- 1 8oz bag Frozen Veggies (I like to use Green Giants: Antioxidant Blend of Broccoli, Carrots and Bell Peppers)
- Half a Lemon Sliced
- 1 Avacado
- Seasoning Salt of your choice (I like to use Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Garlic & Herb or Southwest Chipotle for a little more Zing!)
- Foil for Foil Pouch or Fish can be Baked in a lightly greased pan
- Sriracha Sauce (optional: If You like stuff spicy give it a whirl)
- Fish can be Baked or Grilled
- If Baked Preheat oven to 350
- Spritz foil or pan with Olive Oil
- Place Cod on foil and squeeze the juice of 2 lemon slices per fillet and leave lemons inside foil pouch.
- Season Fillets and fold foil into a pouch.
- Bake or Grill Pouches for 20 minutes if grill flip pouch halfway thru cooking
- While Fish is Baking slice Avacado into cubes
- Steam Rice and Veggies, mix together and separate into 2 bowls
- Cover Rice and Veggies with Cooked Cod and top with Avacado and drizzle with Sriracha
|Baked Wild Cod with Brown Rice, Veggies and Avocado
|Omega-3 fats||0.19 g|
Now that you Know How to Cook Wild Cod Fish, Get More Recipes, Coupons, and Health Tips Delivered to Your Inbox